built that way

As I walked out of the bank that Saturday afternoon, I couldn't believe that she was standing in front of me. Not that I had forgotten her, like I ever could, but I didn't expect to see her, at least not there not like that. And she looked just as surprised, surprised but beautiful. As she recognized me, she smiled her usual nervous smile, God! I loved that smile. Then she said my name and it seemed like it was just yesterday that I last saw her, held her hand for the last time. We decided to have coffee and catch up. I asked her, if she was happy. She shook her head and then grinned at me like it was okay, like that's what she had wanted. And then as if she knew what I was thinking, she had always known what I thought, she said "Don't Worry! I wouldn't have been happy with you either. I guess I am just built that way". "But I would have been happy with you" I regretted the moment I said that but I guess sometimes it is okay to say how you feel, I wish I had done that before, I wish I had told her before, but you can't always have what you wish for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lillies of Love

Whatever Scares You The Most